Privacy + legal
Copyright & Intellectual Property
All photographs purchased or displayed on this website are displayed under the copyright of Harbourside Visual and are protected under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. For those clients who have bought digital files, either as part of their photography portfolio or individually from our website, Harbourside Visual does grant limited reproduction rights for personal and/or commercial use, all of which will be outlined clearly in the Work Specification.
Any client who has received or bought digital files for personal use are entitled (under license) to use them for personal and non-commercial purposes, including producing prints, posters, canvas wraps, books and other printed matter, multi-media slideshows and other computer or electronic media projects.
Any client who has received or bought digital files for commercial use are entitled (under license) to use them for commercial purposes. However, the content produced is, and remains the intellectual property of Harbourside Visual. Licenses are available if the client desires a transference of intellectual property and copyright. Please contact us if you wish to purchase all rights to content produced by us.
The user licence specifically excludes the sale of the digital files or items produced from the files for commercial gain, advertising, publicity or any other commercial use without the written permission from Harbourside Visual. If permission is required to use any digital files commercially, or for any other use not listed here, or if any doubt exists as to the extent of licensed usage, then please contact Harbourside Visual.
If you are a third party or a middleman client for our booking fulfilment services, such as wedding vendors, agency, media or magazines, and would like to use some of our pictures then please contact Harbourside Visual. If any of our images are used on a public forum outside of their intended use (i.e. website, agency site(s) or social networking site) then credit must be given to Harbourside Visual.
GDPR stands for General Data Protection Regulation.
Use of our website
You can use this website without the need to provide any personal data. If you want to purchase any photographic services, then the processing of some personal data will be necessary. This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it and keep it secure. The Policy may change from time to time, and by using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Who is Collecting and can Access the Information?
We are the controller of any data that passes through the website, and we are the only organisation who will have access to this information, and:
• We will not sell or rent your information to any third parties
• We will not share your information with third parties for any marketing purposes.
What type of information is collected?
We obtain information through our website in three ways: anonymously, directly and by a third-party.
1. Anonymously: The anonymous information we collect may include your IP address, whether you are using a computer, a tablet or a phone, which country you are located, which website pages are accessed and how long you may spend looking at our website.
2. Directly: The direct information we collect is when you make an enquiry, purchase products or purchase a photographic service. This will be your name, address, phone number and details about your event.
3. Third Party: If you purchase a product or service from us using an online payment method, your card information is not held by us but it is collected by a third party payment processor who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions. The only information we receive from the third party are notifications that a transaction has taken place, with the name of the payee, the date and the amount of the transaction.
Are you aged under 16?
Please get your parent or guardian’s permission before you provide us with any personal information
Review of this Policy & Access to your Information
We will keep this Policy under regular review, and the Policy was last updated in September 2020. Need to contact us? Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Modified 01/09/2020